Traditional commissions are done in either watercolor and/or egg tempera or charcoal and graphite.
"For peet's and posterity sake, I would highly recommend Greg Newman for portraiture artwork. He goes beyond the basics of capturing a subject and somehow embeds one's personality into the canvas."
~Andy Church, Product Manager, Corel Corporation
What’s The Process, What Do You Get?
When you commission a piece by Greg,
- If you are local to Greg, he will take photographic references or sift through reference provided by you, the client. Sometimes multiple photos work better to get the final composition correct and reflect the personality of the subject.
- If you are not local, Greg will review provided references and/or suggest better ways to get the right references. Sometimes multiple photos work better to get the final composition correct.
- The composition will be provided to ensure the client understands what the final piece will look like before the painting process begins.
- Framing can be done prior to shipping or Greg can ship the print and you can have it framed.
This is subjective. It really depends on time and materials involved so subject matter and size needs to be discussed for a formal proposal.
Contact Greg for pricing on commissions based on subject matter of your choosing. Keep in mind background subject matter as well as additional subjects wich increase complexity and sometimes require additional pricing.
Rules Of Engagement
- If Greg takes photographic references there is a one time fee of $150.00 to shoot the references.
- The composition will be provided prior to painting which will be signed by you as approval.
- If licensing fees or outside copyrights are to be acquired, you are responsible for those fees.
- A 50% deposit is required prior to starting the commission and reference shoot. In the event of cancelation after initial studies and drawing have started, a penalty of 25% of total commissioned price will be withheld. If cancelled after the painting process begins the remaining 50% deposit is non-refundable. The remaining balance is due prior to shipping or delivering the final commissioned art.
- Timelines vary and will be discussed on a individual basis.
- Tax, framing and shipping are not included.
- Greg retains all copyright on the work provided and further use is prohibited without expressed written permission.