Private commissions can include portraits, motorcycles, architecture, etc. in digital or traditional techniques.
Digital commissions are usually sketched traditionally in the study phase then scanned into the computer where they are painted to scale for the final Giclee prints.
Traditional commissions can be done in watercolor and/or gouache, charcoal or graphite on heavy watercolor paper or bristol.
"For peet's and posterity sake, I would highly recommend Greg Newman for portraiture artwork. He goes beyond the basics of capturing a subject and somehow embeds one's personality into the canvas."
~Andy Church, Product Manager, Corel Corporation
What’s The Process, What Do You Get?
When you commission a piece by Greg,
- If you are local to Greg, he will take photographic references or sift through reference provided by you, the client. Sometimes multiple photos work better to get the final composition correct and reflect the personality of the subject.
- If you are not local, Greg will review provided references and/or suggest better ways to get the right references. Sometimes multiple photos work better to get the final composition correct.
- The composition will be provided to ensure the client understands what the final piece will look like before the painting process begins.
- You will get the final piece in digital or traditional format (see above).
- Framing can be done prior to shipping or Greg can ship the print and the you can have it framed.
Digital portraits are a bit cheaper because the process is more forgiving than traditional.
Contact Greg for pricing on digital or traditional commissions based on subject matter of your choosing. Keep in mind background subject matter as well as additional subjects wich increase complexity and require additional pricing.Inquire about commissioning Greg for your portrait or specialized project.
Rules Of Engagement
- If Greg takes photographic references there is a one time fee of $150.00 to shoot the references.
- The composition will be provided prior to painting which will be signed by you as approval.
- If licensing fees or outside copyrights are to be acquired, you are responsible for those fees.
- A 50% deposit is required prior to starting the commission and reference shoot. In the event of cancelation after initial studies and drawing have started, a penalty of 25% of total commissioned price will be withheld. If cancelled after the painting process begins the remaining 50% deposit is non-refundable. The remaining balance is due prior to shipping or delivering the final commissioned art.
- Timelines vary and will be discussed on a individual basis.
- Tax, framing and shipping are not included.
- Greg retains all copyright on the work provided and further use is prohibited without expressed written permission.